[parisc-linux] Re: Kernel 2.4.17-32-smp problem

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:58:48 -0700

Jeremy Drake wrote:
> I was running 2.4.17-32-smp before.  It just updated a debian package of
> the same kernel version.  I had no problems with the old one, other than
> the fact that it seems to ignore cpu0.  All processor time goes to cpu1
> and cpu0 gets a ton of idle.

hmm..that fits with the "top" report of 50% idle that I've seen.
We've already got a bug report on this, iirc.

Your observation suggest something wrong with either process scheduling
or process accounting.

And I hope CPU0 isn't completely idle, look at /proc/interrupts.
I know interrupt distribution works.

> When the box crashed both times, I was checking out the cvs tree :)

network/IO intensive load - lots of interrupts...hmm.

grant