[parisc-linux] pb with iso 0.9.3 ?

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:41:50 +0000

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 11:25:45AM +0100, Jean-Louis Abat wrote:
> Thank you for your answer, but I know X is fine with 712 ;)
> (it works very well, including gnome, kde, enlightenment....)
> I only have a problem with 715 and 720...
> I use the proper XF86Config posted here, and available on the ftp (with the
> proper keymap for hil keyboards...)
> The problem is no device is detected with 715 and 720, when a specify fbdev
> as driver...

Do you get the penguin logo top left of the screen during boot?
If not, then it is a kernel problem, which might possibly be solved in
more recent kernels.  You could try one from
ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/kernels/32/
for example.

Otherwise, check your  dmesg output to see what screen resolution and
depth fb is reporting, and make sure you have that (and only that)
specified in XF86-Config.

Failing that, post your dmsg output here.

Richard