[parisc-linux] I'm using HP-UX

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich@uswest.net
15 Mar 2002 23:21:58 -0700

On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 11:31, Matt Taggart wrote:

> =?Windows-1252?Q?Onnainty_Jer=F3nimo?= writes...
>
> > Tengo instalado el DTCMANAGER en un HP-UX, en el PA-Linux existe este
> > producto?
>
> Not currently. I think this would require both support for the DTC
> devices and porting the DTCMANAGER software.

I currently user a couple of DTC 16RX for my serial console solutions.
I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but I configured the
DTCs using the console and put the software bits on my tftpserver that I
use to server up parisc-linux kernel images from.  This has worked
flawless for me over the last couple of years and has been an excellent
console solution for my usage.  [Note: both DTC retrieve the same bits
from my tftp server, so no custom configuration appears to be stored in
those binaries].

> Do you just want to be able to access the devices? This might be possible
> if someone wrote the right drivers.
>
> Or do you want to use the DTCMANAGER software too? I don't think the HP
> people in charge of this product plan to port it. You could ask
> them though. One possiblity is to try and run it under PA-Linux using
> the HP-UX binary support. I suspect you'll need the yet-to-be-implemented
> signals stuff though, a bunch of HP-UX Libraries, as well as
> the hardware support mentioned above(and maybe some sort of conversion
> layer depending on how it wants to access the devices).

I do not use the DTCMANAGER software under linux ... I configured all
the ports on the DTC and when I want to add another remote console I
just plug it in and telnet to the DTC port# (I portscanned the DTC
to get the port numbers) and vola, I have the serial console to the
system.  [Note: I am not running HP-UX anywhere in my house, so this
solutions is pure i386 and parisc-linux.

Hope that help, but not sure if this is the information you are looking
for.

Thanks,

- Ryan