[parisc-linux] E35 816 Server & PA/Linux

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:57:49 +0100

You may have a chance, using this machine as a diskless machine
with NFS ROOT file system.

We have added a "PDC ROM console" driver to the kernel (I needed this
for my E55). You can compile a kernel with the CONFIG_PDC_CONSOLE
(config under "Non-standard serial port support" under "Character
Devices")
and follow the setup instruction in the HELP of CONFIG_PDC_CONSOLE.
(Creating the device `/dev/ttyB0' and setting up the `console=ttyB0'
kernel line parameter and modify `/etc/inittab'.

If it is the same as on my E55, you cannot access the serial ports
(MDP MUX board with 8 serial), the parallel port and the SCSI interface.
The serial port-0 on the MUX is used a PDC console (default setup),
and the new linux driver accesses this ROM PDC console (port 0).

The core machine and ethernet is working on my E55.

I hope this helps and good luck

Christoph P.