[parisc-linux] Switch console error.

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:31:24 +0100

First of all, have you really waited for a long time, when the machines
hangs on that "last" console output. I have made the experience, that
sometimes (I have not found a systematic behind that, yet) the machine
delays for a longer while (up to half a minute) and suddenly it
continoues
booting perfectly.

Second, you may play around with the PDC console driver for linux
(/dev/ttyB0 at major 60). If this driver is configured
(CONFIG_PDC_CONSOLE,
under "Non-standard serial port support"), then you have the same
effect as activating macro "EARLY_BOOTUP_DEBUG", but you can use
non-supported serial consoles (PDC console) as full console device
including login, etc.....

See the HELP button of CONFIG_PDC_CONSOLE for more details on setup.

With friendly regards
Christoph Plattner