[parisc-linux] new vmlinux!!!

Gururaj Ananthateerta gururaj@cup.hp.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:13:40 -0800

I figured out my mistake.

First my partitions weren't correct. I created
an F0 partition, and swap and an ext2 for /.

boot partition was missing, rather it was i /. As / is not mounted
during the early stages of boot (my guess) the palo used to scream at
me.

Secondly, a strange observation.  Partitions are created in the following
order seems to have have some problem  during from /boot/vmlinux.

50 MB of  FO partition
50 MB of /boot
256 MB of swap
remaining for /

Problem is solved if partitions are created in the following order.

/dev/sda1             1        95     97264   83
Linux                           /boot
/dev/sda2            96       119     24576   f0  Linux/PA-RISC boot
/dev/sda3           120       363    249856   82  Linux swap
/dev/sda4           364      8683   8519680   83  Linux                    /

Doesn't make much sense.

One more thing to add, I am doing all this stuff on a N-Class.

Guru