[parisc-linux] Swap space limitions for Linux on parisc

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 18:45:16 -0800

> The 'yet' above gives me hope; will 64 bit user space processes be
> supported anytime soon? Being able to malloc(1<<36) would be nice!

I sure hope not.... there is a lot of work involved to bring up
toolchains and all the applications to support two different userlands.
We still have a lot of work to do just to stablize 32-bit userspace.
Check the list archives, this has been discussed before, and once fairly
recently.

This is not to say it couldn't be done of course. This is GNU/Linux, you
have all the source, go nuts.. :-)

But now you have me curious, what app are you writing that needs >4G of
address space?

randolph
--
   @..@                                         http://www.TauSq.org/