[parisc-linux] New Cheap HP RP2430

Martin K. Petersen mkp@mkp.net
08 Mar 2002 18:39:46 -0500

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Broadley <bill@math.ucdavis.edu> writes:

Bill> Hey, just heard about the new HP RP2430:
Bill> http://www.hp.com/products1/servers/rackoptimized/rp2400/specifications.html

Bill> Part number is A6889A:
Bill> 	650 Mhz PA-8700 with 2.25 MB cache 2 64 bit/66 Mhz 128 MB ram
Bill> 	1.9 GB/sec, 2GB max (claimed peak) 2U Ultra scsi and Ultra2
Bill> 	scsi 100baseT and 10BaseT (2 ethernet I believe) 2 serial (inc
Bill> 	serial console)

Bill> $1095!!!!!!

Bill> It has no disk, but HP says they will ship it without.  The disk
Bill> prices are unfortunately insane.

I don't know if my A500 was special, but it came with a disk carrier
in the empty storage bay.  And it uses standard SCA drives.  So I
added an extra drive.

If that's the case on the new machines too, Bob's your uncle...

--
Martin K. Petersen      Cereal Bowl Engineer, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME