[parisc-linux] 'foreign' PCI cards in an rp2430

Duraid Madina duraid@fl.net.au
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:51:03 +1100

Hi all,

	I'm considering buying some rp2430s (at last, PA-RISC at the
Right Price, or so it seems), and I want to run Linux on them (they're
just a 'compute cluster')

	I'm wondering: Would I be able to use non-HP PCI cards in these
systems, if they're supported under Linux? In particular, I'm wondering
about 3ware IDE RAID cards (these work in (at least) alpha and x86
linux) and Intel gigabit ethernet NICs (based on the 82554 chip).

	And (no laughter, please) what's the maximum swap partition size
parisc linux supports? Can parisc linux swap over NFS?

	Sorry for the oddball questions,

	Duraid