[parisc-linux] FB on c3k

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 00:31:16 -0700

Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> right of me is a monitor connected to a B2600 with a X screen on it :-)

Cool!

> No jsm is right, the U bit doesn't matter, if we set the right
> physical address in the TLB. I really don't understand why it's
> needed to supply more than 40bit,

B2600 has PA-8600. Maybe PA-8600 needs 44 bits of physical address?
PA-8000 only needed 40-bits, iirc.
I thought N-class (PA-8500) used 44-bits.

> but with the patch below X works
> (fbi still crashes the machine, but that could be a font problem,
> as well). Before I'll commit the change, I'll post it here for
> comments.

I tried it with 32-bit kernel on c3k.  That hpmc'd.
(Vis-EG, 1600x1200 8bit).
Are you using 64-bit kernel?

It's bedtime here and I need to post a diff here as well.

thanks,
grant