[parisc-linux] OT: value of a 712/100

James S James S <smithjames@comcast.net>
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 10:08:33 -0500

i've got 5 712/60's now - got the 1st one for $25 with 1Gb/96Mb

the shop i got it from had 120 of them - the guy didnt know what they were &
i knew was that they 'might run linux' :)

once i had mastered the remote boot part & installed my 1st machine, i
offered to show the guy how to 'linux em up'

i got the other 4 machines for my time :)

interesting part was - when i was showing the guy how to set it up, somebody
came in the shop & asked what he was wanting for one ..... the price had
went up to $50

so it looks like the price doubling theory is holding true...

this is the best non x86 linux port i've installed - its the first one that
actually feels like it belongs on the machine rather than having shoe horned
it into a machine that doesnt seem to want it, if you see what i mean :)

James s