[parisc-linux] Linux From Scratch

Jbit james_a_n_lee@yahoo.com
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 16:26:17 +0000

Hi,
Just to let everybody know that i've (finally) sucsesfully completley LFS (www.linuxfromscratch.org) on my 712/80
I may be writing a hint for it, since it did get a bit messy ;)
But for anybody who doesn't like debian too much, i'd sugest attemping LFS.
Also while doing LFS, i used 2.4.18-pa2 (yesterdays CVS, to be exact) and (i think this has been reported already)
My power LED switches off when linux is loading/loaded and soft power off no longer works (it just switches off)
Any reason for this?

Anyway, if you have any problems doing LFS, contact me or post on the mailing list
It takes just 20 seconds to boot (from end of bios->login prompt) and the entire system is < 200MB

--jbit