[parisc-linux] Problem find devices on the E55 I/O interfaces

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:51:54 +0200

Hello PARISC hackers !

I have problems in the device probing on the E55, and I need some
hints here. I am at the very starting point of the SCSI driver
development, and other (Rayn) will also need this for MUX (serial),
etc....

The E55 is a machine of the type "SYSTEM MAP TYPE".
I instrumented the code to read out the values and elements at the
inventory probing. I will append the log of my "debug helps", they
are quite self explaining.

The `walk_central_bus()' calls seems to do correct work. It finds the
basic elements on my E55:

	On the "56" the bus converter
	On "62" and "63" components on the system (main) board
	- "62" is the CPU, "63" the Memory

	The search was started at the "60".

My problem now. The `walk_lower_bus()' under the device "56" cannot
find any further devices. Seen on PDC or HP-UX, under "56/52" the
SCSI controller is present, further the parallel interface and the
serial MUX also should be found.

Do we use the wrong search address here, taken from io_io_low of
the `struct bc_module'. Do we access it in a wrong way ?
Is THIS structure documented in any of the PARISC documents, other-
wise, where does this structure come from ?

I hope you have some hints here ...

Best regards
Christoph P.

private:	christoph.plattner@gmx.at