[parisc-linux] was: mail-man; should be hyper-mail

Andrew Shugg andrew@neep.com.au
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:49:17 +0800

Matthew Wilcox said:
> looks like out of date config.{sub,guess}.  as has been said elsewhere,
> the debian packages have been updated with these things, but maybe
> upstream hasn't.

Persons who feel the urge to build software locally rather than install
the lovely shiny Debian packages <plug /> would do well to at least
install the autotools-dev package.  Its purpose is to help developers
work around upstream sources that have out-of-date autoconf/libtool
helper files.

 autotools-dev: Update infrastructure for config.{guess,sub} files
 This package installs an up-to-date (from CVS) version of config.guess
 and config.sub, used by the automake and libtool packages.  It provides
 the canonical copy of those files for other packages as well.

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."