[parisc-linux] PA8000 modutils problems

Joel Soete joel.soete@freebel.net
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 18:05:38 +0000

Hi Dave,

John David Anglin wrote:

>>One more question: is it a good idea to compile with gcc-3.1,
>>e.g. make CC=gcc-3.1 HOSTCC=gcc-3.1 vmlinux ?
>>Does gcc-3.1 generate better code (better optimized, fewer bugs?) or
>>should I stick to gcc-3.0 since this is the "recommended" compiler
>>(or at least the one the kernel developers use and know)

Some weeks ago I also try to compile the kernel (32bits) with gcc-3.1
(cvs) and eventhought it boots fine there was a problem
with network connections (as well telnet which uses inetd as well as ssh
which using its own sshd; this confirm the problem of compilation in
network interface). Is this problem solved now?
If not I will ask to Bruno to test its last lkcd code (kdb not yet
working) to continue to investigate this problem.

Joel