[parisc-linux] HP PA 715/50 installation trouble

Tim ter Laak timl@scintilla.utwente.nl
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:53:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 12:55:06PM +0400, Masliy Alex wrote:
>
> >       I could not exactly understand what does the last phrase mean.
> > Either I must stop my attempts to install Linux on this mashine or I must
> > take older distribution version or what?
>
> Update the firmware maybe?

I searched for a few days for new firmware for a 715/50, but didn't find
anything. Only for the faster 715's, but their hardware is slightly
different. So I wouldn't try that update on a 715/50.

*If* this really is a firmware bug (that's still merely speculation), a
workaround for Palo could be made (after all, HP-UX will boot). It
might even be a Palo bug?

Tim.