[parisc-linux] HP PA 715/50 installation trouble

Masliy Alex masliy@kfti.knc.ru
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:55:06 +0400

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:41:04 +0200 (CEST)
Tim ter Laak <timl@scintilla.utwente.nl> wrote:

>>the
>> RH> Hmm. Was this drive working with that box under HP-UX?
>>     Yes, of course. I was mounted the Debian Install Disk under HP-UX.
>>     But it is old device (August 1993).
TTL> I have the exact same problem on this hardware. As long as I boot the
TTL> kernel from network, the whole linux system comes up fine. But the
TTL> BIOS won't load the PALO from disk. :-( Throw in the old UX disk, and
it
TTL> just boots.
      I could not exactly understand what does the last phrase mean.
Either I must stop my attempts to install Linux on this mashine or I must
take older distribution version or what?

TTL> I know there's a firmware update for the faster 715's (66MHz and
TTL> up). Could this be a firmware bug?
       May be,  but how can I find out that thing?

--
С уважением,
Маслий Алексей			mailto:masliy@kfti.knc.ru