[parisc-linux] HP PA 715/50 installation trouble

Tim ter Laak timl@scintilla.utwente.nl
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:41:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Masliy Alex wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 09:52:09 +0200
> Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de> wrote:
>
> >> At first, I tried to install from CDROM. In the proccess of booting the
> >> following messages were printed:
> >> ---------------
> >> Trying to scsi.4.0
> >> Failed to initialize scsi.4.0
> >> ENTRY_INIT status = -13
> RH> Hmm. Was this drive working with that box under HP-UX?
>     Yes, of course. I was mounted the Debian Install Disk under HP-UX.
>     But it is old device (August 1993).

I have the exact same problem on this hardware. As long as I boot the
kernel from network, the whole linux system comes up fine. But the BIOS
won't load the PALO from disk. :-( Throw in the old UX disk, and it just
boots.
I know there's a firmware update for the faster 715's (66MHz and
up). Could this be a firmware bug?

Tim.