[parisc-linux] Unaligned access failures with apt-get on SMP K460.

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich@uswest.net
16 Jun 2002 21:37:56 -0600

Hello Jeremy,

The SMP problem is what I am trying to debug.  I am running SMP cvs head
on the J200 and the K460 and also an A500 recently thanks to the ESIEE
team.  The K460 has 4 processors which I am hoping will help to identify
the SMP problems faster, but it is also exposing new SMP problems for me
to look into :(

Hopefully we will be able to identify and fix these SMP problems, but
they do not appear to be easy and will probably take a while to fix.

Thanks for the report! and if you notice anything else odd (or
repeatable patterns) let me and/or the list know so maybe it will
provide additional insights into the problems.

Thanks,

- Ryan