[parisc-linux] Unaligned access failures with apt-get on SMP K460.

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:31:04 -0400 (EDT)

> > The instruction causing the unaligned trap is:
> > 0x4005e47c <_ZN11DynamicMMap8AllocateEm+112>:	stw r21,8(sr0,r3)
> >
> > As you can see from r3 (403ce08c) in the register dump is aligned on a
> > 4-byte boundry.  So the question is why is this trap being executed?
>
> Maybe the message is misleading.  It looks as if the insn may be trying
> to write to readonly memory based of the value of r3.

Sorry, this is wrong.  Was _ZN11DynamicMMap8AllocateEm compiled with
gcc-3.2?  It looks as if C++ exceptions may be involved.  This only
has a chance of working with 3.2.  I suspect that an exception handler
is involved because r20 is not valid across calls and r20/r21 are
used in C++ exceptions.  The call looks to be a millicode call which
might be part of the problem.

Dave