[parisc-linux] HP-9000/E45

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 01:45:28 +0200

Hello,

this machine is not supported under linux yet.

But I wrote a driver half'n year ago, using the PDC console (ROM)
in Linux. You have to activate the PDC console by kernel compilation
(character device driver, non-standard drivers), and you have to
create a device /dev/ttyB0 (see HELP button at configuration).

The kernel line parameter, add `console=ttyB0', then the box can
boot as "diskless server", as the MUX (except the ROM PDC console),
the SCSI and the parallel port is not working.

But I will start on a E55 to write drivers (I will start, but I
cannot speak about results...).

BTW: the console port is on port 0 on my MUX ! If the E45 really
can do an autodetection here in the boot monitor (PDC), then this
also works under Linux, but I cannot imagine....

Christoph P.

private:	christoph.plattner@gmx.at
company:	christoph.plattner@alcatel.at