[parisc-linux] Glibc cvs: ld segmentation fault

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:27:22 +0200 (CEST)

Quoting John David Anglin <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>:

> > Don't you have additional advice?
>
> Did you start with the debian version of glibc?  I have built 2.2.5-6
> with 3.2 and am using it.  It's possible you need to update binutils.
> Some linux versions also seem to have a tendency to cause random
> segfaults.
>
> Since I don't think I can duplicate your environment, you will have
> to run ld under gdb to find out where it's segfaulting and get some
> sense as to what's causing the problem.

Dave,

Thanks a lot.
As my first object (right now) is to help to understand why linux crash with
network connection  when compile with gcc-3.[12], I will also work with glibc-2.2.5.

Joel

This mail sent through Tiscali Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)