[parisc-linux] tst unaligned access

Martin Küchler martin@k0k.net
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:22:35 +0200

Hello,

After a successful uptime of about a month, I could not log in to my 712/60
any longer. I found the following error message at the console:

tst(11624): unaligned access to 0xbff003d4 at ip=0x000105b3
Not-handled unaligned insn 0x2f401016
unaligned handler failed, ret = -1

I am not even sure if this is the cause of the login problem, but I found a
description that was samewhat similar (but on a different machine):

http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2001/debian-hppa-200109/msg00053.html

My problem was, everything was working fine (network, iptables with
masquerading, server processes ...), but when I tried to log in he just
wouldn't give me the shell (after the username/password I got the login
message and nothing else).

Even shutdown with the soft power switch didn't work, I had to pull the plug
:-(
But now, after reboot everything seems to be fine ...

What could this have been ? And what is this tst process ??

I have a 2.4.18-pa22 kernel,  iptables v1.2.6a.

Thanks,

Martin