[parisc-linux] 2.4.18-pa35 SMP process hangs on a J200

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:58:48 -0700

> I SEEM to experience a similar situation on 2.4.18-linux-x86-SMP using the
> P111-S processors (with 512K L2 cache).
> Quite rare; evidently some very small window for failure.
> I don't have any solid leads yet (although I have theories).

On hppa this is quite easy to reproduce. When Dave is compiling gcc we
can crash the box every hour or so.... :-)

It's interesting to note that even with a UP kernel on the rp2470, the
kernel doesn't seem to be very stable (though better than SMP).... I
think we are looking at multiple bugs here.....

randolph
--
   @..@                                         http://www.TauSq.org/
  (----)