[parisc-linux] 712-60 XFree86 mouse driver problems

b.gunreben b.gunreben@web.de
Sun, 09 Jun 2002 15:54:08 +0200

Martin-=C9ric Racine wrote: =

> On my 712-60, I've had to call my mouse "ps2fu" in gpm.conf but enablin=
g the
> same repeater didn't get X to use it.  Anyhow, the problem with fups2 i=
s that
> every time I exit Gnome and X is restarted by gdm, the mouse in X no lo=
nger
> works so I have to ctrl-alt-back kill X to reinitialize the mouse again=
=2E

There may be problems, if you run gpm while running X. You can try to swi=
tch of
gpm when running X. =

Another possibility is to use the gpm repeater for X as well. =

Try to change your X11 mouse configuration to the following one, and make=
 sure
gpm runs while using X.

Section "Pointer"
  Protocol              "MouseSystems"