[parisc-linux] kdb getting healthier? (PCI guru needed, that's you willy!)

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 18:06:13 +0100

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 01:01:29PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> Are they always 0 or are there situations where drivers change a space
> register value?  If they never change, then the memory limit is still
> 3GB.

Nobody changes sr4-7 (the default space registers).  Some drivers play
with sr1.  We use sr3 to access the user's process.  There's no problem
with accessing 4GB in either the kernel or the user process (though
we limit to 3.75GB currently, i believe, just to prevent unfortunate
accidents).