[parisc-linux] Probleme while compiling last CVS kernel.

Patrick Caulfield patrick@tykepenguin.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:43:27 +0100

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 08:34:08PM +0200, joel.soete@freebel.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I do not have the opportunity to run a 64bits kernel but for 32bits kernel I run
> a patched kernel with last stable lvm-1.0.4 (and it is runing fine for at least
> two month).
> Humm which CONFIG_ parameter do I have to check to compile this src for 64-bits
> kernel.
> I can so try to see at least if it compiles well and report results.

I don't know about the 64bit compile switches (I only have a 32bit HP box) but
to get LVM running you'll need to take all the bits from
arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c inside the

#if defined(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LVM) || defined(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LVM_MODULE)

#endif

and replace the bits from arch/parisc/kernel/ioctl32.c with them. I suspect it
will work. If it does then get a patch together and put it into the CVS !

I'm pleased (though not very surprised) that LVM works OK on 32 bit machines.

patrick
aka caulfield@sistina.com