[parisc-linux] kdb getting healthier? (PCI guru needed, that's you willy!)

Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:19:39 -0400 (EDT)

> -       table->end = base_addr + end[-1].region_end;
> +       table->end = base_addr + end[0].region_end - sizeof(struct unwind_table_entry);
>         table->table = (struct unwind_table_entry *)table_start;
>         table->length = end - start;
>         table->next = NULL;
>
> Is this a gcc-ism we're seeing?
> Note-to-self: Look at .S produced from compiling unwind.c

It's definitely dangerous to use array indexes outside the bounds
of the array, particularly on the PA.  There can be problems with
space register selection, although I wouldn't expect this to be a in
the linux kernel.  You can avoid index insns with "-mdisable-indexing".
Let me know if you see anything strange in the assembler output.

Dave