[parisc-linux] 2.4.18 SMP instability

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:24:15 -0600

Jeremy Drake wrote:
> Here it is...  BTW, maybe you could explain how to interpret these, so I
> don't have to send you all of this...

Generally, look at IOA offset and GR02 to see where it died.
If it's not a kernel address, start trying to figure out what it is.
Lots more magic in the PIM dump that I don't understand either.

In this HPMC dump, I don't know where 0x19bf0 is...

The firmware on the workstations tries to give a high level decoding
of the error:
> A Data I/O Fetch Timeout occurred while CPU 0 was
> requesting information from a device at the path 10/0/15/1 (built-in PCI devi
>   ce).
>

> Memory/IO Controller Error Analysis Information:
>
> The Memory/IO Controller only observed the Broadcast Error.  It did not log
> any additional information about the HPMC.

This typically means something in the IO path didn't respond
to a CPU read.

grant