[parisc-linux] kdb_v21 branch updated to -pa26, and kallsyms cross-compile

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:27:50 -0400

> i've been offline for a bit so i might have missed something... but aiui
> the symptom you've been seeing is that it hangs at the "If this is the
> last message you see" message? has anyone tried to compile a kernel with
> early bootup messages (there's a #define in pdc_cons.c to enable this)
> and see if they get farther?
>
> there are some debugging stuff that you can turn on in
> arch/parisc/kernel/unwind.c ... that piece of code has caused some hangs
> in the past, you might want to enable those printks as well.
>
> randolph

Yeah I've seen the code in pdc_cons.c, but I didn't know about
the issues with the stack unwinding (though I just read JDA's
comments in the code... so I'll look at that).

I'll hack on this tonight and see how far I get.
Currently my test box is turned off, and since I haven't
built my remote power switch (spp + solid state relay) ....
I can't reboot the sucker :}

Thanks to the external led I know that the box (712/60) doesn't
get far since it never reaches the pdc soft power button
initialization routine (__init power_init).

c.