[parisc-linux] How retrieving HPA/SPA with the device node

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:26:11 +0100

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 01:04:10PM +0200, Bruno Vidal wrote:
> 	Hi
> Can someone can explain what is the difference between the
> "hpa" of a scsi card (pci or not) and the "base" in the structure Scsi_Host ?
>     /* These parameters should be set by the detect routine */
>     unsigned long base;
>     unsigned long io_port;
>     unsigned char n_io_port;
>     unsigned char dma_channel;
>     unsigned int  irq;
>
> I'm pretty sure that it is the same, can someone say if it is wrong or not ?

I'm no expert in the SCSI layer, but it could be that base is the base
of the _chip_ and hpa is the base of the _device_.  For example, the
hpa of the serial device is 0xffd05000 but the chip itself is at 0xffd05800.
According to drivers/scsi/lasi700.c:

        unsigned long base = dev->hpa + LASI_SCSI_CORE_OFFSET;
[...]
        hostdata->base = base;

so base != hpa.  Sorry...