[parisc-linux] 2.4.18 SMP instability

Jeremy Drake jeremyd@apptechsys.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 23:34:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Grant Grundler wrote:

> Jeremy Drake wrote:
> > tried to bend the pins so that they didn't short
> > anything, and one broke off.  Both onboard USB ports haven't worked since.
>
> Ok. So broken physically but not eletrically.
> Not sure that should cause any problems.
I pulled the drive and plugged it into an identical (but not broken)
J5000.  The box HPMC'd when doing an apt-get update.  Since this box was
on graphics console, I got a large amount of hex numbers spewed to the
screen.  So, at least we can rule out any damage to the box as the cause
of this.

--
Here I am, fifty-eight, and I still don't know what I want to be when
I grow up.