[parisc-linux] GCC CVS strange update?

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:40:07 +0100

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 03:20:41PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> > 3.1.1 has just been released.  3.2 will be released in the near future
> > and it will be identical to 3.1.1 except for the updates to the c++
> > ABI.  The 3.1 branch is now dead.  Regression fixing will continue
> > on the 3.2 branch after the first release.  The update to the 3.1
> > branch was made to accomodate the schedule of other projects (e.g.,
> > OpenOffice).  Since dwarf2 exception support isn't in 3.2, I doubt
> > this will affect hppa-linux much.
>
> dwarf2 exception support isn't in 3.2 for hppa?
> I'm confused, I believed that dwarf2 exception support wasn't
> goin to be in 3.1, but surely in 3.2?

The renumbering has confused everyone (as I rather thought it might).
Old plan:	New:

3.1		3.1
3.1.1		3.1.1
3.1.2		3.2
3.2		3.3

So everything which used to read `this will be in gcc 3.2' should now read
`this will be in gcc 3.3'.  And everything which was `not in 3.1' is now
`not in 3.1 or 3.2 either'.