[parisc-linux] graphics console only displays the penguin

robert klough bobklough@hotmail.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:44:36 +0000

Hi,

I've tried installing the latest iso available online (the entire 400MB
one), 9.3 I think, through serial console. It worked very well, but now I
would like to pass it now on a monitor. But all what I get when I boot is
the penguin logo on the top left corner and a blinking cursor. However I see
no displayed text at all (the serial console is still available)

I've been advised to uncomment the line containing ttyS0 in the
/etc/inittab, but this line is already uncommented (without the #).

How can I have both serial and graphics consoles? If anyone could help me,
or send me their inittab it would be great

thanks in advance