[parisc-linux] PAM unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_cha uthtok

phi phi@hpfrcu81.france.hp.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:55:41 +0200

Grant Grundler wrote:

> phi wrote:
> > Jul 24 15:38:36 iws1pb02 rlogind[7919]: PAM unable to resolve symbol:
> > pam_sm_chauthtok
>
> This stinks alot like the other d-cache issues we've seen.
> (eg syslogd faulting at boot time)

Ouch didn't suspect this was that deep, I was focusing on this f. pam to
setup.

> Which system model is this happening on? (/me guesses J5000 or PA2.0 K-class)

This is a C180 running
Linux iws1pb02 2.4.18-pa22 #48

This old version was from my 'stable' 712, then I instaled the C180 via a
brute
cpio -p onto the C180. Then it is a narrow kernel.

My plan (tomorow?) is to get the linux CVS source and recompile...

BTW I think I saw the exact same behavior on a 712 does the dcache problem
present there too?

Well will see what I got tomorow.
Cheers,
Phi