[parisc-linux] can I use 2.5.x kernels for PARISC 32 bit

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:21:07 +0100

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:50:30AM +0300, Stephan Trajkoff wrote:
> Today I downloaded 2.5.27 kernel, I see that there is support for parisc
> architecture
> Anybody tried this kernel or another 2.5.x version?

bwahahaha.  the code in the 2.5.27 tree has been there since 2.4.0-test10
(or thereabouts).  it is heavily bitrotten, not maintained, and we've
moved on significantly since then (it's over 18 months since that code
went in).

you may or may not have noticed that we just started trying to merge
our code with 2.5 in our CVS tree.  this code is currently at the `we're
happy if it dies trying to start init' stage.