[parisc-linux] C110, kernel Panics, still more tears ;-(

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:38:02 -0600

Juergen Braukmann wrote:
> Tried that, but didn't see a reasonable list. I could alter some things
> (inluding kernel) but I would have needed to know the name to type in.

whatever name you used.
I typically copy /usr/src/linux/vmlinux to /boot/vmlinux-paXX
to match the -paXX number in the Makefile.
(And copy System.map with the same convention).
Then interact with palo and specify /boot/vmlinux-pa55.

I change /etc/palo.conf to use /boot/vmlinux-pa55 (and rerun palo at that
point) by default if I'm happy it works.

> Oh these three letter acronyms. Read a few, mix up the letters and
> generate a few new ones to spread confusion. Sorry. ;-) So it was GSC
> instead. But I am still confused. ;-)

See http://www.parisc-linux.org/glossary/index.html

grant