[parisc-linux] C110, kernel Panics, still more tears ;-(

Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@ruhr-west.de
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 00:57:57 +0200

Grant Grundler schrieb:

> Juergen Braukmann wrote:
> > Hi Grant and all,
> >
> > still more tears. I compiled and replaced the kernel, using 2.4.18pa55.
> > I used the setting of ccio_mem_ratio=16, but still my kernel panics with
> > Kernel panic: ccio-dma.c ccio_alloc_range() I/O MMU is out of mapping
> > resources.
> > In interrupt handler - not syncing
>
> Sorry - my bad - I think I have it backwards.
> Using a smaller value will result in more IOMMU resource.
>
> > would there be more chance with the ccio_mem_ratio setting of 8?
>
> Or 2 or 1 even.

OK, kernel baking time again. ;-)

> > there a way to use more than one Kernel alternativly and select it at
> > boottime with palo? Is there an example palo.conf somewhere?
>
> Yes. Interrupt the boot process before palo is loaded and then
> type "Y" to "Interact with IPL (Y/N/Q)?" question. You can then
> specify which vmlinux to boot.

Tried that, but didn't see a reasonable list. I could alter some things
(inluding kernel) but I would have needed to know the name to type in. I
will try to use easy names and numbering for testing.

Thank's a lot

Juergen

--
Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@gmx.de| -o)/ /  (_)__  __ ____  __