[parisc-linux] CVS Question?

Andrew Shugg andrew@neep.com.au
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:39:43 +0800

joel.soete@freebel.net said:
> Hi all,
>
> In parisc-linux cvs, with cvs is possible to co and update only general and
> hppa specific sources (avoiding other arch: arm, ppc, ...)?
>
> Thanks for info,
>    Joel

Unfortunately the .cvsignore files are for 'local ignorance' and you
can't use the cvs -I (ignore) flag with checkout.  You can with import
and update though, which is good, and at least something.

Two possible courses of action for you that spring to mind:

  1) (i)   check out the entire tree
     (ii)  delete the directories you don't want
     (iii) only perform future cvs updates with '-P', removing '-d' from
           your .cvsrc or just skipping .cvsrc for this module:
	     cvs -f up -P .

  2) (i)   check out the entire tree
     (ii)  locate all the directories you don't want, but don't delete
           them (or just leave the empty directories in place)
     (iii) put their paths in a file e.g. ~/.cvs_ignores
     (iv)  perform future cvs updates with a commend like this:
             cvs up -dP $(for dir in $(cat ~/.cvs_ignores); do echo -n \
	     "-I $dir "; done) .

I use '.' because I assume you're already in the module directory when
you do the cvs update - that's what I do anyway.

Please note that I haven't tried either of these.  I'm pretty confident
that (1) will work as you want it to, but (2) may not.

HTH

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."