gcc-3.2 Ok gcc-3.1.1 Ko (was Re: [parisc-linux] gcc-3.2 bootstrap?)

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:06:29 +0200 (CEST)

Quoting joel.soete@freebel.net:

> Quoting Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org>:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 07:44:04PM +0200, joel.soete@freebel.net
> wrote:
> > > They were all together build with 'make oldconfig' after a
> distclean,
> > so yes
> > > with modules support. A monolithic test should be interesting? (I
> > already do
> > > this test for gcc-3.1 not 3.1.1 it does not bring success)
> >
> > build is not sufficient; the EXPORT_MODULE stuff can only be tested
> by
>

> Is it just to test to load a module? (no relation with TCP problem?)
>
> Joel

Sorry for delay but I would like to re-compile some more modules. I just test
lvm-mod as well as nfs and nfsd. No problem: insmod, lsmod, rsmod works fine for
gcc-3.1.1 and for gcc-3.2. (do you know some problem with modules with those
release of gcc compiler?)

Joel

This mail sent through Tiscali Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)