[parisc-linux] Kernel panic, ccio-dma.c, C110

Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@ruhr-west.de
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:50:53 +0200

Hi all,

I am experiancing repeatable kernel panics on my C110. I upgraded the
kernel to 2.4.18-pa53, but without change. ;-(

Famous last words are:

Kernel panic: ccio-dma.c ccio_alloc_range() I/O MMU is out of mapping
resources.
In interrupt handler - not syncing

After that - black screen, last words and silence. On one occasion, it
spat out a bit more before it died. Sort of SCSI-Bus trouble in the
farmost sense. Could not repeat that. Harddrive is an old HP2490A, that
came foating around. I did not want to erase the hpux on the other
drives.
All I need to do to crash the machine is writing big files (i.e. kernel
tarballs) to the drive (either copying or from ftp). What makes me
wonder is that I was able to copy some 300 MB *.wav file to it some
weeks back.

Juergen

--
Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@gmx.de| -o)/ /  (_)__  __ ____  __