gcc-3.2 Ok gcc-3.1.1 Ko (was Re: [parisc-linux] gcc-3.2 bootstrap?)

Joel Soete joel.soete@freebel.net
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:09:54 +0200 (CEST)

Quoting John David Anglin <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>:

> > > Your problem appears to be with arch/parisc/kernel/parisc_ksyms.c.
> > > It imports the symbol.
> > >

> > Simply comment it out will broken to compile with gcc-3.0.x, I
> suppose?
>
> I suspect that you can just delete
>
>   extern void $$mulU(void);
>
> and
>
>   #ifndef __LP64__
>   EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS($$mulU);
>   #endif
>
> I didn't see any assembly usage of this function in linux and I don't
> believe gcc uses it (even 3.0.x), so probably the lines can just be
> deleted.

To summarise:
This clean should be applied without problem (test with gcc-3.2 and gcc-3.0.4)

This allow me to produce an operational kernel with gcc-3.2 (bootstrap an x);
telnet, ftp and ssh connection OK

But with gcc-3.1.1 still crashing at the first remote connection?

I will try a more recent CVS update.

Joel

This mail sent through Tiscali Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)