[parisc-linux] gcc-3.2 bootstrap?

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:03:29 +0200 (CEST)

Quoting John David Anglin <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>:

> Possibilities are:
>
>   1) you either didn't install what you built.
>   2) you moved stuff around so libgcc couldn't be found.
>   3) libgcc.a didn't build when you built your cross.
>   4) linker script didn't link in libgcc.a.
>
> $$mulU is a millicode routine in libgcc.a.

Humm?
In the debian package gcc-3.0 I found this lib and
strings /usr/lib/gcc-lib/hppa-linux/3.0.4/libgcc.a | grep mulU
show me well two entries.
but in ./native/lib/gcc-lib/hppa-linux/3.2 (as well in ./cross) I do not found
anything like this.
So this is a 5th possibility: the procedure used failled to build correctly this
lib (at least?)

> > Or would it be better to continue with xcompiler hppa->hppa?
>
> You are just adding more complication to the process trying to use
> ia64.

Oops I wrongly explain (sorry for confusion): I do not use ia64, I just use this
procedure as a model.
I change just enough to run it on my hppa-linux box (a b2000 here) but without
success :(. I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks for info,
    Joel

This mail sent through Tiscali Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)