[parisc-linux] gcc-3.[02] alignment problem

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:11:18 -0700

> Preprocessed source attached?

I forgot it the first time, tried to send it again, but the source was
too large and it got stopped for moderation...

> Remember we ran into this when building glibc at OLS.... and
> we sat there scratching our heads. I'm pretty sure this was the
> reason for the hppa-align.dpatch that is part of debianzed gcc?

the hppa-align patch is for a different problem aiui, it's so that we
don't do multiple ldcw's on the same cache line.

in any case, 3.0.4 (which has this patch) gives the same error.

> Randolph: There is a forward email inside the dpatch that says
> you were going to try get this patch upstream... ? :)
> (gcc 3.0.4 ./debian/patches/hppa-align.dpatch)

I've tried, but the gcc folks have put in a different mechanism to do
this, so the patch needs to be reworked, and i haven't gotten back to it
yet.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports