[parisc-linux] parisc -linux: Cluster tools availability?

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:48:00 -0400

> Hi all,
> I running a b180 with md and I could recover a second b180.
> It would be nice to build a cluster 'a la MC/SG'.
> I found well openmosix but only i386 afaik (and there is too much asm code for
> me to tempt a portage).
> There is also beowulf but the only HOWTO I found concern kernel 2.0 ? (more over
> my network connection are limited (10Mb) and it does not seems to cover my
> whishes (HA cluster)).
>
> Any other advise?
> Thanks a lot,
>     Joel

Linux Virtual Server Project?
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

You definately don't want MOSIX for HA. If the system that spawned
the process dies, then so does the process. The MOSIX stubs just
marshall data, and in most cases for simple things call directly
to the kernel that the process has migrated towards.

I would really like to see a port of bproc to parisc :)
(I figure on ~100 lines of assembly to get process state information).
I spoke to Donald Becker at OLS about this, and it's on my todo
list... might get done in September.

c.