testimonials (was Re: [parisc-linux] STI framebuffer and PINE)

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:12:45 +0200

Le mardi 16 juillet 2002, =E0 09:29 , Matthieu Delahaye a =E9crit :

> Grant Grundler wrote:
>
>> Matthew Wilcox wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm.. anyone want to do a `testimonials' section on the website =
which
>>> lists peoples (successful ;-) experiences with using PA/Linux in
>>> production environments?
>>>

>> ESIEE folks have that already in their "what's supported" HW listing.
>> Please see the ESIEE "puffin" site for where to submit them.
>>
> I don't think Matthew wath thinking about that. This HW list gives =
just=20
> an indication if this is working or not.
> What I understand here is a list of something like:
> I currently use a B132 in production environment since November, 2001.=20=

> It provides a CVS server, apache with PHP and  a postgresql database.=20=

> The kernel is pretty old (2.4.14-32), but the only shutdown (and end =
of=20
> services) I had to notice where caused by powerfailure.
> Use of Php is quite recent.
> Matthew, does these (real) example correspond to your suggestion?

Hi fellows!

I'm currently working on a big review of our supported hardware list.
A testimonial section is definitely something that can be considered !

Please check this mail i sent a month ago about this review:
http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-
linux/2002-June/016572.html

I'd enjoy any feedback about it, and of course any supplementary=20
testimonial
would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you for your support,

Thibaut VARENE