[parisc-linux] compiling kernels with gcc-3.1

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:03:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Randolph,

I am not so luky as you are:
The kernel compiles well and also boot well but always the same problem (in
addition to modules problems) as soon as I do an network connection with ssh the
system crash:
(I just note on the sti console)
sshd (pid 322): illegal instruction (code 8)
kernel panic...

Humm I try to boot from serial consol but there the behaviour is not quiet the same:
the system always panic but this time only a long list of:
Warning! stack pointer and cr30 do not correspond!
Dumping virtual address stack instead
Dumping satck from ... to ...:
(no stop or very very long?)

Well a last test (after I have to unplug replug power cable) at the serial
console :
jso@palinux:~$ ssh localhost
The authenticity of host 'localhost (127.0.0.1)' can't be established.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'localhost' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
jso@localhost's password:

and the system also crashes (whithout any messages?).

So may I believe that the problems come first from ip stack itself and not from
ethernet driver?

Hmm I am also curious to test your .config file?

Joel

Quoting joel.soete@freebel.net: