[parisc-linux] SMP (in)stability

Jeremy Drake jeremyd@apptechsys.com
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:26:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Grant Grundler wrote:

> The -pa52 kernel built 100+ kernels/modules successively until
> I stopped it on the a500-44. The same kernel on a500-6X (PA8700)
> crashes after 12 or so hours of building gcc bits.

I tested -pa53 on smp on J5k building kernels (make -j4), built 115,
here's a sample start/stop time.
Start: Sat Jul 13 19:23:25 PDT 2002
End: Sat Jul 13 19:26:56 PDT 2002

It is just apt-get update and samba (so far) that kill it.  Just did a cvs
update, worked fine.  I wonder what it is about apt-get that kills it.
Can someone else with a J5k test this?  Running a current 2.4.18 smp
kernel and running apt-get update.

--
Why am I so soft in the middle when the rest of my life is so hard?
		-- Paul Simon