[parisc-linux] How to mount HFS 6.0 ?

Steve Pacenka spacenka@lightlink.com
08 Jul 2002 08:46:37 -0400

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 04:05, dlorin@univ-rennes1.fr wrote:
> The content of my question concerns the "old fellows", who were using the
> ancient series HP/9000/3xx or 4xx and whom I hope to find reading this
> mails-list. But anyone, able to help me, is welcome...
>
> I took a disk SCSCI-1 out of a station 425t running with BASIC-UX. On this one,
> there are several files (data and programs written in HP-BASIC) I want to reach
> in reading with my 715/50 running with Woody. How to do that?
>
> Nota:
> 1) the filesystem's type on this disk is: HFS version 6.0.
> 2) the disk is already installed in the daisy chain SCSI and correctly
> identified during the boot sequence.
>
> Thanks.
> D. Lorin

The kernel sources suggest that the following may work if you have ufs
support compiled into your kernel:

   mount -t ufs -o ufstype=hp /dev/sd{whatever} /mnt

It would be unportable if type "hfs" as Martin Peterson suggests works.
The "hfs" filesystem type in the standard Linux kernel represents an
Apple Macintosh filesystem.

-- SP