[parisc-linux] kdb include files

sven schnelle schnelle@kabelleipzig.de
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:03:45 +0200

--------------040502000209020904040806

Patrick Caulfield wrote:

>On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 08:11:47PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>

>>>hello,
>>>
>>>Im writing on a floppy driver for my 712 and want to use kdb,
>>>
>>>but when i try to compile the kernel with it, i get errors:
>>>
>>>kdb/break.h: No such file or directory
>>>kdb/kgdb_types.h: No such file or directory
>>>kdb/kgdb_machine.h: No such file or directory
>>>kdb/trap.h: No such file or directory
>>>
>>>does anybody know where i can get this files ?.
>>>
>>>bye
>>>    sven
>>>

>>If you haven't already done so, I would recommend getting
>>a kdb patched source tree from cvs.parisc-linux.org
>>
>>There is a 'kdb_v21' branch for the 'linux' tree.
>>
>>cvs co -rkdb_v21 linux
>>
>>Please take a look at:
>>http://cvs.parisc-linux.org
>>
>>Note: That I'm currently working on kdb's stability...
>>so you might not get something that is as happy as you
>>expect from other platofrms.
>>

>It's a little confusing that there's mention of KDB in the
>non-KDB enabled kernel. Under General Options it says
>"Kernel Debugger support" which seems (to me) to have the
>sole function of generating the above messages :)
>
>patrick

that's right. If I disable it under general options and patch
the kernel as written above kdb works.

thanks,

  sven

--------------040502000209020904040806

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Patrick Caulfield wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 08:11:47PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">hello,

Im writing on a floppy driver for my 712 and want to use kdb,

but when i try to compile the kernel with it, i get errors:

kdb/break.h: No such file or directory
kdb/kgdb_types.h: No such file or directory
kdb/kgdb_machine.h: No such file or directory
kdb/trap.h: No such file or directory

does anybody know where i can get this files ?.

bye
    sven
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">If you haven't already done so, I would recommend getting

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://cvs.parisc-linux.org">http://cvs.parisc-linux.org</a>

Note: That I'm currently working on kdb's stability...
so you might not get something that is as happy as you
expect from other platofrms.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
It's a little confusing that there's mention of KDB in the
non-KDB enabled kernel. Under General Options it says
"Kernel Debugger support" which seems (to me) to have the
sole function of generating the above messages :)

patrick
  </pre>
<pre wrap="">that's right. If I disable it under general options and patch